Top-20 DBA Ranking 2012
Below you will find a ranking of the world's most prominent DBA courses. The DBA ranking is based on the following criteria:
1. Academic accreditation such as AMBA, AACSB, etc
2. Student support, i.e. how are students supported by the university, professor, academic office, etc
3. International mindset, e.g. does the school promote international exchange or study opportunities abroad for doctoral students
4. Reputation of the DBA course assessed by its current and former students
5. Seniority and management experience of student body
For a detailed chart table, please see the table at the bottom of this page.
Detailed Chart Table for the Top-20 DBA Programs
(in each category, a total of 100 %-points could be reached within our analysis and study; figures show rounded sums)
Harvard Business School is not ranked in this list, as its DBA curriculum is today a full-time program, thus, you would need to drop out of your current management job for a couple of years and later return to business life. Thus, we did not include it in our ranking. DBAstudies.com only included universities with the commonly known part-time DBA courses for managers, who will stay within their job while pursuing a DBA.
Further, the ranking above is solely the view of DBAstudies.com and based on hundreds of hours of investigation, personal visits to campuses, a detailed course comparison, in-depth discussions and long interviews with faculty and/or students. Thus, we were trying to incorporate as many objective data as possible, hoping to give you a hint on where to get your DBA without being biased by any possible means.
Status of ranking: May 2012